The Center for Sharing Public Health Services has many publications to guide you in your cross-jurisdictional sharing (CJS) efforts. Some of our favorites are listed below. To view more publications from the Center, select this link.
The Roadmap guides public health departments through the process of considering or establishing CJS arrangements.
The Spectrum describes the four main types of CJS arrangements.
Several factors can increase the likelihood that a CJS arrangement will be successful.
This primer can assist policymakers and public health officials as they determine the full cost of a CJS arrangement and decide how to distribute that cost among jurisdictions.
This tool, prepared by the Center in collaboration with the Network for Public Health Law, assists in developing legal agreements that govern CJS arrangements.
The Center offers several assessment tools for public health agencies and departments considering or implementing CJS arrangements.
- Collaborative Trust Scale: This survey assesses levels of trust between partner organizations.
- Existing Services: This survey is designed to help officials gain a more complete understanding of the existing public health services offered by a public health agency.
- Existing CJS Arrangements — Abbreviated Survey: This survey is designed to give potential CJS partners an overview of existing shared services arrangements.
- Existing CJS Arrangements — Detailed Survey: This survey is designed to give potential CJS partners a detailed and specific understanding of existing shared services arrangements.
- One Existing CJS Arrangement : This survey is designed to help current or potential CJS partners gain a better understanding of a current or planned CJS arrangement.
- Self-Assessment of Progress Along the CJS Roadmap: This survey is designed to help current or potential CJS partners better understand the extent to which certain issues can affect the success of a CJS initiative. The survey components closely mirror the structure of the Roadmap.
This document provides instructions to develop and implement an impact measurement plan for a CJS arrangement.
Learn about common themes that have emerged from the Center’s work with grantees.
View all publications from the Center.