This document outlines the 2012 quality improvement plan goals established for the Horizon Community Health Board (Minnesota): 1) assess and address quality improvement as it relates to the broad five-county community health board; 2) explore organizational structure options to identify the structure that will support the organization’s capacity to meet national accreditation standards and measures; and 3) consider and implement quality improvement initiatives and activities to maximize program-specific performance within current organizational infrastructure.
Available online (pdf): https://www.phsharing.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/HorizonC-QIPlanGoals.pdf
It is included in the CJS Resource Library under the categories listed below. Select a link to find other resources in that category.
- Accreditation / Essential Services: The Horizon (MN) restructuring effort was undertaken to assure a strong public health infrastructure that meets national standards and measures.
- Consolidation: The Horizon (MN) restructuring materials provide an overview of the process undertaken by three health departments covering five counties to move toward consolidation.
- Quality Improvement: The Horizon (MN) restructuring materials include a major focus by the restructuring committee on implementing quality improvement initiatives and activities to maximize program-specific performance infrastructure.
This resource is also linked to the Roadmap. Select a link below to read more about each area.
- Why? / Phase One: The Horizon (MN) restructuring materials provide an overview of why three health departments covering five counties considered integrating into a single health department as a way to address quality improvement, build capacity to meet national accreditation standards, and maximize program-specific performance.
- What? / Phase One: The Horizon (MN) restructuring materials provide an overview of the goals three health departments considering consolidation hope to achieve.