The National Association of Counties is the only national organization that represents county governments in the United States. NACo advances issues with a unified voice before the federal government, improves the public’s understanding of county government, assists counties in finding and sharing innovative solutions through education and research, and provides value-added services to save counties and taxpayers money.
Available online: http://www.naco.org/Pages/default.aspx
It is included in the CJS Resource Library under the categories listed below. Select a link to find other resources in that category.
- Environmental Issues: NACo’s department of County Solutions and Innovation focuses on economic development, civic participation, environmental quality, and housing to support county needs.
- Fiscal and Service Issues: NACo’s Finance and Administration department provides a range of support services to members including finance, human resources, building management and general services.
- Governance: NACo’s lobbyists have responsibility for assisting NACo’s Steering Committee in the development of national legislative policy and ensuring that policy is communicated to members of Congress and the administration.
- Research and Evaluation: NACo conducts county-focused research ranging from agriculture and rural affairs to urban counties.
- Rural / Small Jurisdictions: NACo provides information for and has conducted research specifically for rural counties.