Questions related to workforce issues in sharing arrangements should be addressed in Phase Two of the Roadmap to Develop Cross-Jurisdictional Sharing Initiatives.
Examples of issues to consider:
- What human resources policies should be developed for shared employees?
- What happens if a shared employee has an issue with another department?
- what if the other department has a problem with a shared employee?
- How will vacation time and other leave be handled for shared employees?
- What workforce development trainings are needed? Has an assessment been performed to identify personnel skills and training needs?
Resources to help answer these questions can be found below the line.
For an overview of the Roadmap or to find resources for another phase or area, select a link from the list below:
The resources are part of the Center’s CJS Resource Library, which contains best practices, lessons learned and tools that can help jurisdictions considering or adopting cross-jurisdictional sharing (CJS) arrangements. While most tools and resources in the library primarily focus on public health CJS, some address public sector CJS more broadly.
The following icons in the resource title signify:
The resource is a tool.
The resource is an example document from an actual cross-jurisdictional sharing initiative.
The resource is a report.
The resource is an article.
The resource is a webinar, video or audio file.
The resource is a website.