This report, funded in part by NALBOH, documents a feasibility study of issues and options involved in the creation of a city / county health district consolidation.
Call the Center for Sharing Public Health Services for more information about this publication.
It is included in the CJS Resource Library under the categories listed below. Select a link to find other resources in that category.
- Consolidation: This report reviewed the rationale for consolidation.
- Fiscal and Service Issues: This report reviewed financial operations and combined department financial projections.
- Governance: This report reviewed governance of a consolidated health district.
- Legal Issues: This report reviewed the essential elements of a contract agreement to create a combined general health district.
This resource is also linked to the Roadmap. Select a link below to read more about each area.
- Logistical Issues / Phase Two: This feasibility study focused on: rationale for consolidation, existing environment and culture; overview of the programs and services in Findlay City Health District and the Hancock County (Ohio) General Health District; financial operations overview and combined department financial projections; facilities and space; personnel issues; governance of a consolidated health district; and essential elements of a contract agreement to create a combined general health district.
National Association of Local Boards of Health. (2007). Final Report on the Feasibility of the Consolidation of the Findlay City Health District and the Hancock County (Ohio) General Health District is not a Combined General Health District. Bowling Green, OH: National Association of Local Boards of Health.