The National Conference of State Legislatures is a bipartisan organization that serves the legislators and staffs of the nation’s 50 states, its commonwealths and territories. NCSL provides research, technical assistance and opportunities for policymakers to exchange ideas on the most pressing state issues.
Available online: http://www.ncsl.org/
It is included in the CJS Resource Library under the categories listed below. Select a link to find other resources in that category.
- Background / History: NCSL, a bipartisan organization that serves both Republicans and Democrats, is recognized for its comprehensive, unbiased research.
- Governance: NCSL provides states lawmakers with support, ideas, connections and a strong voice on Capitol Hill.
- Legal Issues: Lawmakers play a vital role in developing the States’ Agenda, the blueprint for NCSL’s advocacy work on Capitol Hill.
- Quality Improvement: NCSL is committed to the success of all legislators and staff through improving the quality and effectiveness of state legislatures.
- Research and Evaluation: NCSL conducts policy research in a variety of areas like agriculture, budget and tax issues, education, health care, immigration and transportation.