The International City/County Management Association (ICMA) develops and advances professional local government management to create sustainable communities that improve lives worldwide.
Available online: http://icma.org/en/icma/home
It is included in the CJS Resource Library under the categories listed below. Select a link to find other resources in that category.
- Background / History: This organization’s mission is to create excellence in local governance by developing and fostering professional management to build better communities.
- Governance: ICMA advances good governance by bringing its professional management voice into national policy discussions.
- Legal Issues: This organization identifies leading practices to address the needs of local governments and professionals serving communities.
- Quality Improvement: This organization offers to its members a core set of well-defined and comparable measures on a dynamic, world-class performance management and analytics platform, that communities can use to easily collect, clean, report, benchmark and analyze their data.
- Surveillance / Data Sharing: ICMA identifies concerns of immediate importance to local governments and conducts surveys to provide useful data, information and expert analysis to local decision makers.