This tip sheet provides ideas for engaging the public in the process of increasing use, creating efficiencies and reducing costs, as local agencies pursue new opportunities for shared public services and the joint use of public facilities.
It is included in the CJS Resource Library under the categories listed below. Select a link to find other resources in that category.
- Communications: This document provides general tips to help guide effective public engagement in the pursuit of successful shared services and the joint use of facilities.
This resource is also linked to the Roadmap. Select a link below to read more about each area.
- Why? / Phase One: For the development of shared services and joint use planning, it is important that the planning itself, as well as any public engagement effort, be transparent to all and inclusive of appropriate partners.
- What? / Phase One: This tip sheet provides information to help clarify public engagement goals when discussing shared services and the joint use of facilities.
- Who? / Phase One: This document outlines use of multiple outreach and communication opportunities to make information available, including local government websites, appropriate media (including ethnic media), area organization and congregation communication channels, etc. to attract participation to public engagement meetings and processes.
- Future Opportunities / Phase Three: This resource relates to future opportunities.