Once a decision has been made to move forward with a cross-jurisdictional sharing arrangement, the Prepare and Plan checklist could be used to develop the shared service. The checklist systematically guides the partners through context and history, governance or organizational structure, fiscal and service implications, agreements, legal issues, logistics, communications, change management, timelines, and monitoring.
It is included in the CJS Resource Library under the categories listed below. Select a link to find other resources in that category.
- Change Management: The checklist systematically guides the partners through context and history, governance or organizational structure, fiscal and service implications, agreements, legal issues, logistics, communications, change management, timelines, and monitoring.
This resource is also linked to the Roadmap. Select a link below to read more about each area.
- Context and History / Phase Two: In terms of context and history, the checklist asks participants to explore organizational strengths and weaknesses, lessons from past agreements, and the service delivery model that will be used.
- Fiscal and Service Implications / Phase Two: The checklist helps organizations document current funders and list potential funding sources once the agreement is in place as well as explore how their fiscal needs might change.
- Governance / Phase Two: This checklist helps participants explore the governance model and structure that will be used.
- Legal Sharing Agreement / Phase Two: The checklist helps organizations consider the legal implications of an agreement and what needs to be in place for that agreement.
- Legal Issues/ Phase Two: What are the legal issues when forming an agreement? How they be addressed?
- Logistical Issues / Phase Two: The checklist assists participants consider the facilities available for them to use, how staff time will be divided, and how transportation needs will be addressed.
- Communications / Phase Two: Is there a strategic communications plan? What components of communications should be considered?
- Change Management / Phase Two: What is the change management strategy?
- Timeline / Phase Two: What is the timeline?
- Monitoring / Phase Two: How will the shared service agreement be monitored and evaluated? Who is responsible for that process?