This document outlines the 2012 organizational restructure committee’s starting principles of agreement, primary areas of consideration (i.e., governance, budget and finance, programs and services, personnel/staff issues, community partnerships, and physical facilities/offices), and proposed timeframe for exploring restructuring three health departments covering five counties in order to assure the current and future presence of a strong public health system to serve its residents and communities.
Available online (pdf): http://www.phsharing.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/HorizonD-CHBOrgRestructuringCharge.pdf
It is included in the CJS Resource Library under the categories listed below. Select a link to find other resources in that category.
- Consolidation: The (MN) restructuring materials provide an overview of the process undertaken by three health departments covering five counties that were considering consolidation.
- Fiscal and Service Issues: The Horizon (MN) restructuring materials address financial considerations for the three health departments as well as the integration of services and human resources.
- Governance: The Horizon (MN) restructuring materials include a focus by the restructuring committee on governance related to the joint powers agreement, Minnesota Counties Intergovernmental Trust regarding liability coverage, and board representation, etc.
- Legal Issues: The Horizon (MN) restructuring materials provide an overview of the legal issues they addressed during restructuring discussions, i.e., Joint Powers Authority, per capita tax levies, labor/union issues, liability, etc.
This resource is also linked to the Roadmap. Select a link below to read more about each area.
- Why? / Phase One: The Horizon (MN) restructuring materials provide an overview of why the three health departments covering five counties considered consolidation as a way to address quality improvement, to build capacity to meet national accreditation standards, and to maximize program-specific performance.
- What? / Phase One: The Horizon (MN) restructuring materials provide an overview of the goals the three health departments hope to achieve by consolidating.
- Who? / Phase One: The Horizon (MN) restructuring materials provide an overview of the various stakeholders who would be affected by integration: the public health staff, commissioners from the five counties, public health community partners and the general public.