This report, prepared by a steering committee comprised of county commissioners, health officers, public health administrators, medical directors and an outside consulting firm, provides results from a fiscal- and programs-related review focused on consolidation options for three health districts in Michigan.
E-mail email@example.com for more information about this publication.
It is included in the CJS Resource Library under the categories listed below. Select a link to find other resources in that category.
- Consolidation: This report reviewed health department consolidation issues and options.
- Fiscal and Service Issues: This report reviewed financial aspects of agency consolidation.
- Governance: This report reviewed political aspects and issues of agency consolidation.
- Legal Issues: This report reviewed legal aspects and issues of agency consolidation.
This resource is also linked to the Roadmap. Select a link below to read more about each area.
- Fiscal / Phase Two: This report reviewed financial aspects of agency consolidation.
- Logistical Issues / Phase Two: This feasibility study focused on: an overview of the programs and services in District 2, District 4, and Central Michigan Health Departments; health department consolidation issues and options, administrative and organizational issues, legal and political aspects of merger, merging personnel systems, financial aspects of agency consolidation, and implementing a merger issues and steps.
Gini Associates. (1996). Final Report on the Feasibility of Administration Consolidation Among Health Districts 2, 4, and Central Michigan. Ann Arbor, MI. Gini Associates.